Mercer Outdoors has tents, sleeping bags, freshwater and seawater kayaks, canoes, lifejackets, and paddles available for the Mercer community to check out from the Macon Campus. To check out this equipment fill out the Mercer Outdoors Equipment Rental Form. Your request will be responded to in a timely manner. This form must be completed no less than 24 hours prior to the rental and all equipment is reserved on a "first come, first serve" basis.
Equipment available to students includes:
- Tents - 2 person & 4 person
- 4 person cooksets including cups, plates, bowls, silverware, pots & pans
- Backpacking stoves (including fuel)
- Backpacks - 5300 and 5100 cubic inch volume
- Sleep bags & pads
- Kayaks - Single and Tandem
- Whitewater Kayaks (with helmets and spray skirts)
- Paddles & Lifejackets included with all boat rentals
*** Equipment is only available to current Mercer students, faculty, and staff. ***
For all trips and information, please contact
Todd Thomas, 478-301-2370.